Membership Internship Program 10/07/15 12:34:31 PM
GAC Member Internship Program"Connecting high school and college students with internship opportunities with Georgia Agribusiness Council companies."OVERVIEWWe seek to provide students with employment opportunities where they can learn about the technical aspects of Georgia’s diverse agricultural industry. We also want to provide Georgia Agribusiness Council member companies with a service to secure interns and invest in hands-on training and experience. If you are an interested student or employer, please click on one of the boxes below to apply for the program, or continue to scroll down to learn more. Thank you!
| || |
Thank you to the participating GAC Member Companies
|Timeline of Member Internship Program |
June - January: GAC Member/ Employer Solicitation
September - February: Intern Recruitment/ Solicitation Process
October - April: Employers Interviews/ Hiring Process
Look for us at a
How the Program Works
- Students seeking to serve as an intern at one of GAC's member companies will complete the Intern Survey and correspond with a staff member regarding work preferences and desired experience.
- GAC member employers who would like to host an intern will also complete an Employer Survey. Staff will be in contact with interested employers regarding specifics of the positions that they have available.
- GAC will work to narrow the choices down of suitable candidates for each position. Staff will pass along information regarding top candidates to employers, with GAC provided resources as needed.
- Employers will be solely reponsible in negotiating compensation, duration, and location of internship with each prospective intern. Many colleges and universities require at least 8 weeks for internships to count toward course credits.
- All students interested in working in agriculture are eligible to apply. Students that have demonstrated and possess a strong work ethic and agricultural career interest will be ideal candidates for working as an Intern for GAC member companies.